A presentation about economics, engagement and process
by Citizens’ Climate Lobby
World Bank Civil Society Forum
Saturday, October 11, 2014, at 1:00 pm ET
- Joseph Robertson: CCL, Global Strategy Director
- John Hansen: CCL, Coalition Development Specialist
The “bundle of everything” treaty negotiation process has failed to produce a real solution for 20 years. So we need something simpler, rooted in principles we know can bring a more effective solution. Over the next 14 months, we will build a coalition of supporters, leaders, advocates, governments, businesses and stakeholders, to keep everyone focused on making the following principles the core of a Paris treaty to mitigate climate disruption:
- A steady, resolute and rising carbon price.
- Internalizing costs incrementally, steadily and with no leakage.
- Simple, transparent, effective at reducing emissions.
- Building economic value at the human scale.
- Easy to implement: country by country, harmonizing across borders.
The presentation will outline the findings of a study conducted by Regional Economic Models, Inc., and detail how it reinforces the above principles, by building value for local communities, where they live and breathe. Citizens’ Climate Lobby’s Global Strategy Director will explain the Pathway to Paris coalition-building effort that will allow civil society to play a role in securing this efficient, effective climate action in Paris, in 2015.
|Please return to this page for sharable graphics, additional materials, and information about how to participate in Q&A through social media. URL: pathwaytoparis.org/csf|